Monday, September 26, 2011

Perks

So, I'm a member of the Honor's Program at my school and it's wonderful. It's a very small group and everyone gets along really well. Aside from the joy of getting to know everyone, there are also several other perks, one of them being the adorable netbook that I recieved today! Every new member of the Honors Program recieves one and I must say I am thoroughly enjoying mine. It is much easier to transport and it just adorable :) I haven't quite picked a name for it yet, but I will have one before too long!
Days like today just solidify for me that I made the right choice in choosing this school. Not just because I get cool toys, but because of the family atmosphere that is EVERYWHERE here on campus. Not many other schools can furnish brand new netbooks for their Honors Programs. Not many schools have professors that know you by name and say hello whenever they see you around campus. Not many schools have professors that are genuinely interested in what you're doing in life right now and how you're coping with things. There is such a welcoming air at my school. I love it a little bit more every day, and I have this sneaking suspicion that it only gets better from here

No comments:

Post a Comment