Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Shouldn't this get EASIER the second time around?

This weekend I packed up my little car, made sure we had everything we needed, got in the car with my roommate and headed down the mountain to spend the weekend at home with my amazing family and it was just that, AMAZING! We went to the fair, we read all day, we went out to dinner with everyone, we watched Star Wars with my mom and I got to introduce Christine to SunDrop for the first time. Hands down, best weekend I've had in a long time. I surprised all my amazing friends at church and just showed up sunday  morning without warning anyone I was coming. It was wonderful. Just being at home and surrounded by the people that love me no matter what was the best feeling. Then the weekend ended and I cried like a baby when Christine and I had to leave again. Most people might not be surprised by this, but I was. The day that I moved in I didn't cry very much. I had an orientation session to get to and my wonderful parents had to get home, so we said goodbye outside my dorm and I cried a little, but it didn't last very long because I knew that I had to be somewhere and ready for class. Maybe the fact that I didn't cry very much the first day was a large contributing factor and maybe I was just due for a good cry, but Sunday afternoon was one of the hardest things I've done. Maybe it will get easier, I certainly hope so, but I have no doubt that it will always hurt when I have to leave my family. I just have to know that I will see them again and remember that, no matter how far away we are, we have each other in our hearts <3

No comments:

Post a Comment