Thursday, June 20, 2013

Atlanta 2.0: Mission Trip Madness

So, my life lately has been absolute INSANITY. As you may remember, my first week on the job was mainly prep for our trip to Atlanta, which happened last week and it was absolutely wonderful. I was able to spend time with the students, get to know the kids I didn't know, and get closer to the people I did know.

One person that I met while on this trip was Haley. She was another one of the chaperons and she is AMAZING! She only about a year older than me and she and I became very fast friends. The self-conscious, scared, little girl part of me was nervous starting the trip with so many fellow leaders that I didn't know, but God showed me, once again, that I had no reason to be afraid. Haley is sweet and funny and adorable and awkward and so similar to me. She has been a God send these last few weeks and I am so thankful for her.

There was one students in particular that I really connected with on the trip. She is a getting ready to be a sophomore and she is me when I was in high school. It took a little while for her to open up, which I expected, but once she did I was absolutely amazed. She is the sweetest, quietest, kindest, strangest, most wonderful girl. Almost every thing that came out of her mouth was something that I have said or probably would say. I am really looking forward to where God allows that relationship to go.

Atlanta was wonderful and I am still amazed that God has been so gracious and giving to me this summer. This small Alabama town has completely stolen my heart and I am so thankful for everyone here.

C

1 comment:

  1. SO proud of you!! Continue to be excited at how God is shaping you!

    ReplyDelete