Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Here goes nothing.....

    so, I've never really done anything like this before, but I just needed a place to put down some of my thoughts. There is just so much going on in my life that I need access to one thing that I have full control over. I need to know that there are still a few precious things that aren't going crazy.
     I guess I should give a little intro about myself.
   I am about to begin one of the most exciting chapters of my life, also known as College. I'm not really sure how it's going to go, but regardless, I am ready to get away. Don't get me wrong, I adore my family and I wouldn't trade them for anything on God's green earth, but I think everyone reaches a point when they are just ready to get out and try a few things on their own. I've hit that point and I am beyond ready to get on with the journey that God has planned for my life.
     Oh, that's another important fact about me. I am a christian. That doesn't mean that I go and sit in a church once or twice a week and then do whatever I please the rest of the week. No. That means that I do the very best that I can, with the help of my heavenly father, to live out what I profess. I don't always get it right. I mess up, quite regularly. I'll never try to convince you that I'm perfect because I know better. I'll simply live my life to the glory of the one who made me. You don't have to agree with that, but disagreement will not make me back down. I know that in this day and age it's not always the 'cool' thing to do to profess to be a christian, but I've never really been one to do what everyone else is doing. I know that God has a plan for my life and I absolutely can not wait to see what it is.
   Back to college, I am excited, but at the same time I am scared out of my mind. There is always that creeping fear in the back of my mind that I will completely fail and not do any of the amazing things that I want to have the chance to do. Everyone says that it's just jitters and nerves, and I believe them, it's just still an extremely scary thought. I guess I'll just have to hold on tight and wait and see what God's got in store for me. That's really the main reason I started this blog. I need somewhere to put down the things that are going on in my life as I fight my way through this insane transition and I feel like this may actually make a difference for someone else someday, if I'm so lucky. I hope that my struggles, heartbreaks, smiles, and triumphs will be even a small inspiration for someone else out there that might be going through something, anything, similar.
    so, like the title says, here goes nothing.......wish me luck <3
  

No comments:

Post a Comment