Sunday, July 31, 2011

Knee Deep in the Water Somewhere

So, I'm not the biggest fan of the beach, but I LOVE our annual family vacations. We come to this tiny, secluded island off of Florida, we rent a huge house, and we spend seven full days completely away from everything. It's magical. That's one thing that I really love about having a big family like mine. There are about twenty-some people in our house right now and it's crazy, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. My mom's parents, my family, my three aunts and their families, my dad's mom, and so many kids most people would lose their minds. I love it. All of it. Sometimes the kids can be a little bit overwhelming, but they are all wonderful and I am so lucky to have this time to spend with them and pour into them. Not only the kids, but all of my aunts and other family members that I get to spend good quality time with. Having the time to just sit around and talk is one of the biggest blessings in my life. I learn things about my family's past that I never would have had the time to learn about otherwise, and as I get older I find myself included in more and more conversations between the adults of the house. All of these people are such amazing influences on my life that I wouldn't trade this week for anything in the world. This week, every year, truly is the reason that I sometimes wish I was 'knee deep in the water somewhere' <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment