Sunday, November 13, 2011

DOXA

i was recently presented with an opportunity to apply for a position on a new team with Baptist Student Summer Missions. the team is called DOXA, which means praise. DOXA is made up of five people, mainly students, who go through an intense week of training and then spend anywhere from six to ten weeks throughout the summer traveling all over the state of North Carolina leading worship, bible schools, camps and church services. as soon as i heard about this i jumped at the chance. the representative from the Baptist Students Summer Missions was giving me information and all that i was thinking was 'this is for me. i need to do this'. so, of course, i got my application filled out, got my references lined up, and sent everything in. i am now waiting on my personal interview with the board and whatnot, and then i wait to see whether or not i got the position i wanted. i am terrified. i've never done anything like this before. the prospect of being on the road for six weeks with four strangers scares me. the idea of leading worship for churches around the state scares me. what if i can't handle it? what if i mess up? what if the team doesn't like me? all of these fears and questions are swimming around in my head and constantly bombarding me and it shares the mess out of me. it terrifies me. then i remember that i serve the God that created the universe. and i remember that He loves me. and i remember that He knows the plans that he has for me. plans to prosper me and not to harm me. plans to give me hope and a future. i remember that the God who created the universe and loves me knows EXACTLY what He is doing. He has put me precisely where i'm at right now.He has put the right people in the right places in my life. He has presented me with exactly the right opportunities and if i am given the chance to be a part of the DOXA team He will give me exactly what i need to perform to the best of  my abilities and to the glory of His name. please just keep me in  your prayers as this opportunity unfolds.

No comments:

Post a Comment