Sunday, November 13, 2011

Teaching

so, a few weeks ago i was given the chance to teach the large group time for our children's ministry at my home church, so obviously, i jumped at the chance. to say that i had been conflicted about what i wanted to do with my life over the last several months would be an understatement. it's seemed like every new thing that i got involved in seemed like a new option. i considered being a worship leader. i considered going into children's ministry. i'm still very seriously considering going into children's ministry. i have thought about double majoring in English and Music Education. I would still love to have an english major under my belt. in spite of all of this confusion i've felt as of late and all the new doors that have opened to me, one thing has remained solid. I AM GOING TO TEACH. whether it's in a classroom teaching music, or standing in front of a room full of precious children i will end up teaching. that has never been a maybe for me. being able to stand in front of our children's ministry in it's entirety and share the word of God with the eager faces of and hearts of all of those beautiful children was one of the single most amazing experiences of my life thus far. that only served to further solidify my knowledge that i am doing EXACTLY what i need to be doing. It was amazing

No comments:

Post a Comment