Monday, November 21, 2011

Homeward Bound

Thanksgiving break is almost withing my grasp! I can practically feel all the love that i'm about to be surrounded with. I can practically smell all the amazing food. I can practically hear the yelling at the TV over one football game or another. It's all right there. I can't wait. I know everyone says they're so ready for Thanksgiving break when they're away at college, and I don't doubt that they are, but it's so different for me. Yes, there is a part of me that simply wants a break from my crazy, hectic, insane schedule, but a bigger part of me is just ready to be with my family. I honestly think my Thanksgiving break is going to be just as busy as if I were at school, but it's a completely different type of busy. I don't mind this busy. I don't mind running to all the different houses and family gatherings. I don't care that there is a large possibility that I will be up late basically every night of my break. So many people my age dread seeing their family and having to make small-talk with long-lost cousins. I'm the polar opposite. I can't wait to see my family! I can't wait to see that one particular 'long-lost cousin' who is away at school. I can't wait to talk to all the aunts and uncles and second and third cousins. I didn't see them enough before I went to school, much less now that I only come home every now and again. I'm thrilled to be going home to see my crazy, hectic, busy, loud, obnoxious, huge, child-filled, food-loving family. They're the highlight of my break. Yes, I will have times of simply sitting and not doing a blessed thing, but I guarantee that every one of those moments will be filled with my family. Even if it's just Daddio and me sitting on opposite ends of the couch reading, or my best friend and I having a movie night, or talking with my mom and all of her crazy sisters, I will have them there with me, near me. That's enough for me. That's all I need. I've said it before, I just need to know that you're beside me. I don't need to always be in a heated debate or a serious conversation. As long as I know that they're there, I'll be fine. So, bring on the crazy family and the get togethers and the food and the hectic schedule. I couldn't be more ready than I am right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment