Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Runnin' Runnin'

i swear all i do is run. you know, like 'run and run until life's no fun'. don't get me wrong, i know exactly what i signed up for when i listed Music Education as my major. i knew that it required long hours and late nights. i knew it was hard work, and i wouldn't change a single moment of it. i love what i do. i all the people that i've met and the amazing 'family' i've found along the way. i am exactly where i need to be right now with exactly the people i need to be with, no doubt, but i am only human. i'm tired. i'm run-down. i need a break. i haven't had much time to just sit and do nothing, what with homework and practice and everything else. i need time to myself. i need some time to sit across from my best friend and just talk about nothing, but everything at the same time. i need time to snuggle up with my Daddio because i haven't in a long time and i miss him. i need time to have dinner with my family. i need time to just watch my cousins play and grow up. i need time to watch movies with my best guy friend because he's far away too. i need time to goof off with my brother and his best friend. i need time to gossip and dish college talk with my mom and her sisters. i need time to sit in my home church and just see how God is using everyone there. like i said, i know i'm where i need to be, but that doesn't mean i don't miss everything. i feel like i'm missing my cousins growing up. my babygirl just turned fourteen. that's terrifying to me. my youngest cousin is walking and talking. i feel like everything is happening all at once and i'm missing it. i know that isn't true, but it's hard to not think that way. i know alot of this is just adjusting to not being there with them everyday and not seeing them at least four times a week, but old habits die hard, right? i'm ready to hear all about their school, whether they're in kindergarten or eighth grade(almost high school???!). i'm ready to just see how amazing God is making them. i'm ready to love on my family for a while. Thanksgiving, let's go :)

No comments:

Post a Comment