Sunday, August 14, 2011

Ideal Love

Ever since I've had the inclination to look at a boy and say 'he's cute, I wonder if he likes me'(which was probably about age six),  I've been hearing all about this sweep-you-off-you-feet, kiss-me-in-the-pouring-rain, consume-all-my-thoughts kind of love and it's been drilled into my brain that THAT is the ideal love. THAT is what all women go for. THAT is what all girls want to find when they grow up and every time I heard it I somehow convinced myself that it was true. I wanted that. I wanted a whirlwind romance that would be a happily-ever-after. Of course I wanted what every girl was supposed to want. Didn't I? NO! I've been spending plenty of time in thought about it, what with my leaving for college in a few short days, and I've come to realize that I don't want that kind of romance. I don't want to be swept off my feet, I have enough trouble staying upright as it is. I don't want to be kissed in the pouring rain, I despise being cold and I'm not that big on PDA. I don't want someone to consume every thought that enters my mind, I have other things that require my full attention. I want someone who can just sit with me.I want someone who knows that God is the single most important thing in my life and is thrilled to have to dive deeper into God just to be able to find me. I want someone who can make fun of me when I slip and fall and understand that I'm ok with laughing at myself, but help me up while we're laughing together. I want someone who understands that I'm not that girl who is ok with kissing and hugging and hanging all over each other while we're in a public place, or ever for that matter. I want someone who gets that I prefer to just hold your hand and know that you're beside me. I want someone who can tell when I'm getting cold, even if I won't admit it, and has a jacket ready for me. I want someone who understands that music moves me and will just sit and let me cry whenever a song hits me just the right way, or the wrong way I guess. I want someone who loves reading just as much as I do and knows just how real the characters in a well written book can become. I want someone who will listen to Frank Sinatra with me and not complain about the 'old people music' that I so adore. I want someone who will sit through a cheesy, black and white movie from the fifties, even if he hates them, just because he knows I love them and he wants to see me smile. I want someone who does silly little things, like leaving me little notes or going out of his way just to say hi to me, instead of the big, flashy, showy things. I want someone who knows that I'm not the girl that has to have all sorts of gifts and expensive things in order for me to like you. I want someone who can quote all the amazing eighties movies that I love and then turn around and quote poetry. I want someone who loves movies, not just the blockbusters that involve car chases and lots of explosions(I love those too, don't get me wrong), but the movies that make you think and process and that leave you talking long after the credits have stopped rolling. I want someone who will see that I've written something like this and rambled on for goodness knows how long and take the time to read ALL OF IT simply because he wants to know every little thing about me. I want someone that I can grow old with and fall a little bit more in love with every day. I want to learn something new about him every day. I want someone who adores my crazy, big, loud, obnoxious family just as much as I do and doesn't mind that anytime we are with them there will most likely be multiple children jockeying for his attention. Simply put, I want the guy that God has specially selected for me. I don't want to settle. I am a princess and I deserve all the wonderful things that my heavenly Father has set before me. I don't want just another whirlwind romance that will leave me feeling empty and restless after a few months. I want my Ideal Love <3

No comments:

Post a Comment