Monday, August 22, 2011

Lesson 1: Trust the Journey

Sunday morning service in the lovely Broyhill Chapel on campus here at MHC was a little different from the things I'm used to, but I liked it alot. We got the chance to hear our campus chaplain speak for the first time and I was very impressed with what I heard. She has a quick sense of humor and is very engaging, which is good for me because it keeps me focused. She said there were a few lessons that she wanted to share with us before we hit the books and really started college, but the one lesson that really stayed with me since then is the first one. 'Trust the Journey'. In essence, GOD KNOWS EXACTLY WHAT HE IS DOING WITH YOUR LIFE! Everything may not turn out exactly how you want it or expect it to, but God has it under control. 'For I know that plans I have for you declares the Lord'. He isn't going to let anything happen to us that we can't handle. Some days we may feel like 'God must think I'm pretty strong, because I can't handle all of this right now', but let me share a little secret with you.....YOU ARE THAT STRONG! If you are a child of the living God then you will be able to withstand everything that comes your way. Your father is the King of Kings! He will keep you safe. Now, that doesn't mean that He will never let anything bad happen to you, it just means that He will give you the strength to just rely on Him whenever the bad things do happen. Have you ever heard the expression 'Let go and let God'? That is one of the best lessons we, myself included, will ever learn. We just have to trust the He has our best interests in mind and He will see us through it all. Lesson 1: TRUST THE JOURNEY <3

No comments:

Post a Comment