Friday, August 19, 2011

Status: NewFresh

That ^ is precisely what was printed in black and white on one of my registration papers this morning as I checked in as an official Mars Hill College student. I have to say, I am thouroughly terrified, but thrilled all at the same time. I can't imagine any other place that I would rather call my 'home-away-from-home' for four years, but I am also slowly beginning to realize that I am on my own. Mom and Daddy aren't here to make sure things get done. I don't have all my old friends right beside me to smile when I'm feeling overwhelmed. I don't really have anyone but me to take care of me and make sure things get done. I have all of the NEW friends that I am so excited to meet. I have professors who are going to support me, but expect me to do things on my own. I have RAs and RDs and my Challenger that are going to be my 'authority' for a while, but really will be more like friends. I have classes that will kick my butt and classes that will be easy as pie. I have a whole new life waiting for me on this small, homey, beautiful, mountainous campus that I am surrounded by. I really am, NewFresh <3

No comments:

Post a Comment