Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Music is what feelings sound like

These days it seems like every person you pass on the street 'lives for music'. Everyone hides behind that mentality that 'music is the easiest way to express myself'. I can fully associate with music being one of the only things that adequately expresses emotion, but I sometimes think that people devalue the power of music. It is so much more than just a way to 'express yourself'. Music changes things. Music can give you the strength to make that final effort when you're just too exhausted. Music can break you down when you refuse to see how bad something is. Music can give the best kind of comfort when you finally give up something that has been a henderance for as long as you can rememeber. Music can be that soft, quiet, peaceful voice that gives you stability. Music can be your escape from the real world. Music can be the one link that sheds light on a deeper connection between two strangers. Music has the ability to capture a moment perfectly. Music can change your life. Music is what I want to do with my life. It has been since before I can remember. I want, more than anything, to share my love for music with the sweet, precious, impressionable children that will enter my classroom on a daily basis. I want to be witness to music changing a life, saving a life. I hope that God will bless me enough to be instrumental in the changing of a life. Because like I always say, music changes things.

No comments:

Post a Comment